Strongest City

by Unknown

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2004-10-27 02:12:44
So from the experience and knowledge that we know.Which City do you think is the most powerful right now and why? tongue.gif
Eldrich2004-10-27 02:22:17
Deleted.
Unknown2004-10-27 02:43:14
Who thinks New Celest and who thinks Serenwilde? I'd like to know why.. *smirk*
Zolas2004-10-27 03:13:38
If anyone doesn't vote Magnagora, at least make post explaining yourselves. Seriously. I want to know.
Eldrich2004-10-27 03:22:26
I voted Serenwilde. I don't consider powerful being one person that has nothing better to do then engage in PvP.
Unknown2004-10-27 03:37:15
QUOTE (Eldrich @ Oct 26 2004, 07:22 PM)
I voted Serenwilde. I don't consider powerful being one person that has nothing better to do then engage in PvP.

Uh.. I'm not the only person in Magnagora.

We're hugely organised, we have almost 60k power, we dominate all the villages, etc.

Is that not powerful? huh.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Zolas2004-10-27 03:42:12
QUOTE (Eldrich @ Oct 26 2004, 10:22 PM)

Actually Visaeris isn't the only fighter in our city... we have quite a few formidable fighters in our ranks. Not to meantion we control 5/8 villages and have the most power by a longshot...

I was moreso interested in why you voted Serenwilde, not just why you didn't vote Magnagora.
Unknown2004-10-27 03:43:51
QUOTE (Visaeris Maeloch @ Oct 27 2004, 02:37 PM)
Uh.. I'm not the only person in Magnagora.

We're hugely organised, we have almost 60k power, we dominate all the villages, etc.

Is that not powerful?  huh.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

No no...weak weak weak tongue.gif.

I suppose I would have to concede that Magnagora are the most powerful at the moment, but us Wilders will creep our way to the top. Eventually.
Unknown2004-10-27 03:44:22
Powerwise, Magnagora tends to have the upper hand due to sheer numbers and the presence of People Who Blow Stuff Up Real Good, though New Celest can certainly prove themselves a good threat when well-organized and lead by an intelligent and charismatic player. Serenwilde has the most innate relationship with carry-in-your-pocket curatives and can become a significant economic power if they make use of this fact more (arranging deals with other communes and cities, et. al.). New Celest appears to have the most defaultly welcome and supportive community--and it had better, honestly!--aside from a disturbing tendency to attract non-stop hug machines.

Magnagora's weakness is the fact that it's a magnet for...aheh...unpleasant types (not evil unpleasant, as that's a roleplaying thing, I mean the punks that ruin the game for everyone else by being pains in assorted physical locations). Serenwilde's weakness appears to be its rather chaotic organization, though this may be how the inhabitants like it, and if so more power to them as long as they keep Stag from bothering poor Crow too much. New Celest could probably use more Paladins to help balance them with Magnagora; the more evenly-matched the cities are, the more delicate diplomacy must be, and the more interesting everything is in the long run. I like interesting.

So I suppose my answer is one of those copout "it's what you want your character to be" deals. Keep in mind that I am a Geomancer, and therefore somewhat biased towards scenic Magnagora, so do take these opinions with a grain of salt (and keep in mind how far our game still has to go developmentally)!
Richter2004-10-27 03:45:09
Honestly, ooc, I think Serenwilde sucks. The most unorganized place of residence I have ever seen. People argue for days. Things don't get done. The people rp treehuggers. The evil ones went to Magnagora, the good ones to Celest, and the stupid ones to Serenwilde.

Of course, Richter likes the commune somewhat, I'm simply stating from an ooc, and analytical point of view.
Unknown2004-10-27 04:20:36
*vote magnagora* com'on we're an EMPIRE for gods sakes! what kind of no brainer is this?
Unknown2004-10-27 04:24:24
Heh, I have to admit, whoever votes Serenwilde has to be like, extremely obsessed with being a treehugger...I've heard nothing but bad things about that city (i.e. everyone simply argues all day long, does nothing, etc.) Plus, they have plenty of threats they never follow through with. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Unknown2004-10-27 04:34:39
I prefer to hug fluffy animals myself, but meh.

I agree that Serenwilde is taking a while to get it's arse into gear, but I can definatly see it coming along now. We just need a few people that know what they are doing to take the steering wheel to get us going in the right direction(s).
Unknown2004-10-27 04:38:45
The problem with Serenwilde is that everyone thinks their opinion matters no matter how ill-informed or out of place it is, because we're a "commune" where everyone is equal. Hence you have about ten different people offering different opinions of what should happen and no one (until very recently) was in a position to say "This is the best way, this is where we're going."
Unknown2004-10-27 04:45:15
QUOTE (dlanod @ Oct 27 2004, 03:38 PM)
The problem with Serenwilde is that everyone thinks their opinion matters no matter how ill-informed or out of place it is, because we're a "commune" where everyone is equal.  Hence you have about ten different people offering different opinions of what should happen and no one (until very recently) was in a position to say "This is the best way, this is where we're going."

Which, although is annoying to some extent, is a good thing; it fits with the RP aspects of Serenwilde.
Unknown2004-10-27 04:46:26
QUOTE (Mary the Zoologist @ Oct 26 2004, 07:44 PM)
Magnagora's weakness is the fact that it's a magnet for...aheh...unpleasant types (not evil unpleasant, as that's a roleplaying thing, I mean the punks that ruin the game for everyone else by being pains in assorted physical locations). 

I would disagree. Most of these people have left by now.

We're up to 3 votes for Serenwilde..

Explain how they're the most powerful CURRENTLY compared to Magnagora or even New Celest?
Sylphas2004-10-27 05:20:51
Magnagora is the most powerful by the majority of ways to measure power, if not all of them.

IC Serenwilde is ok, OOC Serenwilde is an utter pain. I like the democratic aspects of it, but I hate them as well. It's nice for people to have a say, but it also means nothing gets done. I would hate set-in-stone laws and people telling me what to do and what not to do all the time, but sometimes people need to realize that they're either just plain wrong, or that they've already lost the argument. I've stopped mentioning most of what I do, because the majority of people either don't care, or it sets off an argument. And most of all, I'm going to flip out and kill people if our leaders decide to officially make us fluffy-bunny treehuggers. I can stand people individually doing it, but I absolutely hate being told that killing people for anything short of chopping down Mother is wrong, and that we should be better than those mean violent cities.

Serenwilde will never be the most powerful city until we can organize ourselves and poke our heads out of the woods. The isolationism is nice to a point, but I can see things getting very boring after awhile.

Celest I really have no experience with, save for ratting in it.
Daganev2004-10-27 05:36:08
Celidon in Imperian had the same problem the first few weeks. Then very quickly, Celidon was winning every contest imperian had, was winning all the FFAs etc. stop whining, it annoys me.
Don't know what it is, but you people have a way of complaining without actually saying anything helpfull.

I don't know how many of you have ever worked on a comitee, but theres a pretty well known change to the story of the "tower of babel"... The bible says that all people spoke the same languge, then god gave them different languages and they couldn't complete the tower. The True story is that they all spoke different languages and worked fine using point and grunt method. Then they were all given the same language, and they decided to form comitees, at which point all construction on the tower stopped.
Dai2004-10-27 05:38:51
Magnagora. No matter how you look at it, it has to be Magnagora. Sheer strength of numbers - Magnagora. Most organised city - Magnagora. Most powerful fighters - Magnagora. Serenwilde is too chaotic to have a real impact. In time they may settle down, and then I think Magnagora's gonna have a real bit of competition on their hands, but until then, Serenwilde is simply too divided to form any large-scale assail. New Celest I know nothing of, having not been there yet (and, being Magnagorian myself, I don't intend to).

In my opinion, for any city to truly succeed, they need a strongman - or woman - to lead them. Magnagora is doing so well because of the strong leadership of both Guildmasters and Champions (Visaeris being the most notable).
Bau2004-10-27 05:56:21
It really depends on what you mean by power. Potential for destruction - nexus strength - power means a number of things.

At present, the two examples I mentioned do go to Magnagora. They also get the award for trigger-happy idiots.