Lusternia has devoured my soul...

by Rilandria

Back to The Real World.

Rilandria2004-10-26 19:27:48
I don't know about everyone else, but ever since I started playing Lusternia I've devoted a lot of my time to leveling up my little Aquamancer... the game is a lot better than I ever thought it would be when I first found it!

And it has hardly even been open for that long, yet it is immserive and fun enough to make me ignore all of my homework to play ;D

I even spent my entire Saturday playing the game... and at one point I was in there for 9 hours straight glued to my chair blink.gif. Exciting events, that day laugh.gif

Okay, maybe I'm just a huge loser and have no friends (actually, they all go home on the weekends and I'm left in my dorm all alone... to play Lusternia!!!!)

Hrrmmm.... *peers at homework on desk* Must... do...

*opens Lusternia and goes ratting*
Unknown2004-10-26 19:36:33
Homework is least of my worries.

Ever since Lusternia open I've been playing from work and I find myself too many times wondering what the customer was saying for the past 10 minutes dry.gif ... but who care, not like he's telling me something intresting. :ph34r:
Niara2004-10-26 19:41:43
Uhm, pondering the topic......what do they mean?
There is life outside Lusternia? That's icky! Throw rocks at them!
Raguel2004-10-26 19:46:52
I've spent sooo long mapping this world (and yes it is ALMOST finished) that I haven't had time to do much else, and now I find a PILE of work to do (man i'm soo dead) but its bin a blast.

Damnit i KNOW i'm gonna end up in a massive brawl sooner or later (probably in magnagora) if i ever get these maths papers done!

cool.gif
Unknown2004-10-26 19:59:06
Rilandria you arn't the only one that thinks Lusternia is adictive cool.gif
Zolas2004-10-26 20:19:55
I'm maintaining high honors in high school, relationships, and holding a job. Thus, my character in Lusternia isn't quite as ahead as others. I still find plenty of time to play, however.

I'm just trying not to blow all my money on it. cool.gif
Veonira2004-10-26 20:39:41
I'm addicted and I do spend all of my free time on Lusternia, but I don't really sacrifice things for it. I still have school, work, working out, hanging out with friends (partying, weee), homework, but I manage to fit all of that in with Lusternia.

But I still spend insane amounts of time on it.
Atmos2004-10-26 20:58:35
Hmm. I wish I could say the same, Veonira. But... the game's just so bloody addictive...

It's eaten up the vast majority of my free time, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.
Ihsahn2004-10-26 21:03:54
For whatever reason, I've decided that homework comes first. tongue.gif

Must keep those Trig and Physics grades decent. Whenever I've got a free night after work or school though, it's right to the game. I'm not on it now because of a Physics assignment.
Unknown2004-10-26 21:13:19
Life? I sold mine for credits....-
Sornillon2004-10-26 21:18:56
Sigh. Lusternia, you are the devil. A foul, heart-lipped succubus beckoning me into your deadly grasp. I know of your wiles, for I saw their like in Aetolia, but yours are far more alluring, for I have known you almost from the first.

I swore in Aetolia I'd never buy credits. Within *days* of joining Lusternia, I pumped 70 bucks into it. They're even easier to get without resorting to credit cards here than in Aetolia due low prices and their sheer abundance at this point, and yet I still bought some. Why?

It's that filthy, evil, dirty 30% bonus and its late friend, the free lessons. Bah.

I play this at work in between real tasks, I play it in the library between classes, I play it at home. Struggling, I maintain good grades.

This can't go on forever, Lusternia. I'm pre-med. That means if everything goes well, I won't have time to shower in four years time.
Unknown2004-10-26 22:17:01
I won't have time to shower in four years time.

..ee..eww. Right now Im balancing school, ranch work, homework, writing and building for another MUD, planning a marriage, planning a possible move, getting ready for livestock, and playing lusternia. and of course the usual endless amounts of writing and ratting -sway- unsure.gif damn these games.
Unknown2004-10-26 22:42:38
...l...ife?

Is that the big blue box outside my window?
Unknown2004-10-26 22:48:12
I wish I could be addicted as everyone else I really do, but with a just above passing physics grade, and massive amounts of books to read, and help Marshaling a LARP it doesn't leave me with but one or two out of the possible 7 days I could be playing. But I'll have you know on those one or two days I am on till my body gives out from exhaustion. And being an insomniac its some of the little sleep I get now.
Unknown2004-10-26 23:18:03
Heh, on closed beta, my parents went out for the weekend. I stayed up 30something hours, playing Lusternia and being bored. Good times.

The only reason I'm getting 80's still is because I was banned for two weeks earlier this month...maybe I'll have to be put in Time till I do my homework...

-Etanru
Aether2004-10-27 00:11:01
What are you guys talking about? You wanna talk about you fictitious life, where you do homework, or have to pay bills, and go to work, and eat food, and sleep and those things, you are in the WRONG board. This board is about the REAL WORLD .. ei: Lusternia. So stop going OOC damn you blink.gif
Unknown2004-10-27 01:02:24
QUOTE (Aether @ Oct 26 2004, 04:11 PM)
What are you guys talking about? You wanna talk about you fictitious life, where you do homework, or have to pay bills, and go to work, and eat food, and sleep and those things, you are in the WRONG board. This board is about the REAL WORLD .. ei: Lusternia. So stop going OOC damn you  blink.gif

err...

> Lusternia Forums > Life Outside of Lusternia > The Real World

:w-hat:
Olan2004-10-27 01:08:18
QUOTE (Visaeris Maeloch @ Oct 26 2004, 06:02 PM)

Is this the 'Lil' John' version of the :what: emote? (a la Dave Chappelle?)

If so, that's the funniest thing I've seen or heard all day.
Olan2004-10-27 01:12:15
QUOTE (Guido Flagg @ Oct 26 2004, 03:42 PM)
Is that the big blue box outside my window?

Yeah, mine's an 8x10 that shows the same landscape every day going through seasonal changes about 28.8 times slower then we Lusternians are used to dry.gif
Shamarah2004-10-27 01:34:42
QUOTE (Visaeris Maeloch @ Oct 26 2004, 09:02 PM)
:w-hat:

FEAR THE W-HAT.

I couldn't resist.