GR19

by Unknown

Back to Mythbusters.

Unknown2009-04-20 17:08:13
My guess is that it's impossible to achieve GR19 (or anything above like GR15) without getting Elected to either admin, GM or Champ and then take the honorary GR19 when you lose the position.

Either that or it takes a massive amount of Guild favors.
Kante2009-04-20 17:09:52
In the Ebonguard, there are two non-leader "elder" ranks. Warden which comes at GR5, and Spirit Warden at GR10.

I can't even imagine getting to gr10, to be honest.
Casilu2009-04-20 17:11:30
QUOTE (Fireweaver @ Apr 20 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is that it's impossible to achieve GR19 (or anything above like GR15) without getting Elected to either admin, GM or Champ and then take the honorary GR19 when you lose the position.

Either that or it takes a massive amount of Guild favors.

One of my first characters, saw Daevos at rank 16 in the Ur'Guard.
Noola2009-04-20 17:12:27
The highest guild rank I've ever gotten on any character ever without being elected higher is 11. I really want to make it all the way up just on guildfavors some time though. I know it'll take a thousand years (prolly OOCly! laugh.gif ) But it'd be really awesome. biggrin.gif
Unknown2009-04-20 17:13:33
It's possible, but it takes a loooot of guildfavors. I got there in Achaea without being a guild leader. It took the entire guild favoring me over and over for several days to promote me up that high. (It was a practice to boost certain people to certain ranks based on their achievements/contributions.)
Iola2009-04-20 17:38:10
QUOTE (Kante @ Apr 20 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the Ebonguard, there are two non-leader "elder" ranks. Warden which comes at GR5, and Spirit Warden at GR10.

As Tacita I got to GR9 pre-GA, I think, and Iola was about the same. Highest I've seen otherwise is GR12, or the occasional GR15 that popped up out of nowhere in the MD.
Unknown2009-04-20 18:34:20
Well now that GMs can honour people that bumps someone up like 2 guild ranks. I know that for Pharamon he jumped from 9 to 11.
Zalandrus2009-04-20 18:45:53
The Tahtetso have a structure built in for people to get to gr10. Nobody using that system has gotten past gr7 or 8, I think...doesn't help that Tahtetso membership is low...
Saaga2009-04-20 18:49:50
Indeed, Saaga was GR12 before getting GM.
Xenthos2009-04-20 19:07:44
QUOTE (Kante @ Apr 20 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhm.

Have you read the Spirit Warden tasks? It's pretty easy to get GR10 if you want it in the EG. We used to have a lot of people do it. Abethor, Nadjia, etc. tongue.gif I think I calculated that the tasks can get you to GR12 if you do all the hardest ones you're allowed to do.

Just hasn't been as much interest since some GM dumped all the tasks into a book in the library. Will probably pull them back out at some point, but getting GR10 is amazingly simple compared to other guilds I've seen.
Daganev2009-04-20 19:25:04
I was wondering if the system changed.

GR rank should be fun and easy to do!
Nadjia2009-04-20 19:45:05
QUOTE (daganev @ Apr 20 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GR rank should be fun and easy to do!

well, it should also mean something...like the time and energy and devotion one puts into it, the guild, and the guild members. It should be fun, yes, but it should also reflect that you earned it which in some cases doesn't mean easy. Otherwise we would have a game full of GR18
Kiradawea2009-04-20 19:50:58
I've got guild-rank 12, and could probably get 16 if I focused on only doing tasks that earn guildranks. The thing with Celestines is that, for better or worse, the only way to increase rank after GR 6 is through getting an elected position, or finish some pre-set tasks. That's the only "allowed" way to earn guildranks, which made my honour obsolete when it comes to increasing guildrank.
Unknown2009-04-20 19:55:13
I got up to GR11 in the SG from favours after losing elections left and right.
Noola2009-04-20 19:59:51
I don't at all agree with proscribed guild rank task activities being the only way to get guildfavors. I, personally, believe that it makes folks more likely to volunteer to participate in things, to go above and beyond, if they see on the guildlogs that folks are getting favors for various things as opposed to only seeing it now and then when someone completes a task.

That has the added benefit of allowing path/sect/circle/tier/tide/whatever leaders to set what they consider meaningful tasks... Because then, you don't have folks' only method of being favored wrapped up in tasks that your average lazy person might consider to be 'too hard' to bother with.
Daganev2009-04-20 20:05:33
QUOTE (Nadjia @ Apr 20 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, it should also mean something...like the time and energy and devotion one puts into it, the guild, and the guild members. It should be fun, yes, but it should also reflect that you earned it which in some cases doesn't mean easy. Otherwise we would have a game full of GR18

What does "earn it" mean?

Seriously, the idea that you "earn it" just means that you are part of the accepted clique who's opinions matter. (unless you have defined tasks that are fun and easy to do, which add to the guild, in which case, its very simple to know what "earn it" means. It means you did the fun and easy tasks)

Otherwise the only people that "earn it" are the people who already have guild positions. But Rank is separate from position. (mechanically)
Diamondais2009-04-20 20:20:32
I like the idea of having set tasks in place for people to do, but them not being dependent on what rank you are to do them, as well as the opportunity to do extra things to earn favours for gaining ranks.
Kiradawea2009-04-20 20:27:37
QUOTE (Noola @ Apr 20 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't at all agree with proscribed guild rank task activities being the only way to get guildfavors. I, personally, believe that it makes folks more likely to volunteer to participate in things, to go above and beyond, if they see on the guildlogs that folks are getting favors for various things as opposed to only seeing it now and then when someone completes a task.

That has the added benefit of allowing path/sect/circle/tier/tide/whatever leaders to set what they consider meaningful tasks... Because then, you don't have folks' only method of being favored wrapped up in tasks that your average lazy person might consider to be 'too hard' to bother with.

QUOTE (diamondais @ Apr 20 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of having set tasks in place for people to do, but them not being dependent on what rank you are to do them, as well as the opportunity to do extra things to earn favours for gaining ranks.

I agree with both of you, I think. I like the concept of premade guild rank tasks because it makes it easier to get an idea of what you can do to get further in your guild, but it should by no means be the only way to advance. That stifles creativity and hampers the growth of those who really want to work on making the guild better, because they won't get anything in return.
Snaithy2009-04-20 20:36:43
The Paladins decided to raise someone (I think Unitos) to GR15 from something like GR8, and it took about 4 RL days of constant favours including Leadership favours
Rika2009-04-20 21:15:40
To be honest, in most guilds, GR doesn't matter much. GLs are always at the top, then you get honorary GR19 people who people will respect, then you have the security, secretary etc and below that, ranks are ignored. Some guilds try it, but ultimately, it doesn't really work out like that.